IUI (Intrauterine insemination) is an artificial insemination to treat infertility. Sperms are washed and concentrated and placed directly in the uterus at the time when ovary releases egg for fertilization. The hope is the sperm will swim to the Fallopian tube and fertilize with an egg, leading to normal pregnancy. Depending on the infertility reasons, IUI can be done through normal cycle or with fertility medicines.
What is the actual procedure?
1. Preparation of the semen sample: The male partner provides the semen sample. The sample is washed in such a manner that separates the active sperm from the lower quality and normal ones. It enhances the pregnancy achieving chances.
2. Monitor the ovulation: As timing is important in IUI, monitoring the signs of ovulation is essential. You can do it with urine ovulation predictor kit at home or opt for an imaging method which allows your doctor to see ovaries and egg growth.
3. Know the right time: IUI's are usually done in a day or two after ovulation has been detected. Your doctor will schedule you.
4. The IUI procedure takes around 15 to 20 minutes. There is no need for any medication or pain relieve medicines.
The procedure of IUI:
1. A vial with the sample of the sperm is attached to a catheter.
2. The catheter is inserted in the vagina via the cervix to the uterus.
3. The sperm sample is pushed in the uterus.
4. The catheter is removed.
After the procedure
You should continue lying down for some time after the procedure. Once it is done, you can continue with your normal life activities. Wait for two weeks and then take pregnancy test. The result may be:
How much does IUI cost in India?
IUI is simple and straightforward option adopted by couples to get rid of their infertility. But, you should choose a reliable fertility clinic for it. The IUI treatment India is done to widen the possibility of fertilization. But, you should know about IUI cost in India.
You don’t need to spend a fortune to undergo an IUI treatment in India. Yes, it is actually under the budget. The cost of IUI in India varies depending on whether the fertility medications of the female are being given or not. Usually, it is recommended to raise the fertility chances and get better results of the treatment. IUI cost in India is INR 15000/-
IUI with sperm donor
If you have got the idea of cost of IUI in India, then you should also know about the expenses involved in IUI with donor sperm. The procedure is done with the help of a donor. Sperm donor are provided in the case where the male partner is incapable of production. The hospital offers a healthy and well-processed sperm. IUI with donor sperm is for those where the male partner fails to father by his own sperms. The cost with donor sperm in India includes INR 20,000 more. So, the total cost is INR 35,000/-
What is IUI treatment cost in India?
The IUI treatment cost in India involves the use of a catheter to deposit the sperm in the uterus of a woman at the time of ovulation. IUI treatment is highly acceptable and most practiced option to wipe out infertility problems. The treatment is highly recommended for those women who are suffering from mild endometriosis, unexplained infertility etc. However, it is not suitable for those women where male partner lacks infertility
But IUI with donor sperm in India is definitely suggested for those men who are suffering from infertility issues.
IUI treatment cost in India depends mainly on the type of hospital and doctor you have chosen for you. The rates also vary depending on the city you have chosen for the procedure. The cost also involves the expense of fertility medications being given to the female. If the medications have been given the IUI success rates are higher.
The treatment is 100% safe and highly cost effective to enhance your fertility. It is one of the best solutions for younger couples as the success rate of IUI in India is greater for those females who are below 35 years of age.